Earlier this week, I was tagged by LeeAnn at The Life of Rylie… and Bryce Too to play a little game. I was supposed to answer her questions and then tag five more people and give them questions to answer. I’m going to cheat and pick and chose which questions to answer since I liked her original questions a lot’!
1) What does a normal day look like for you? I get up, get mostly dressed (I never put on my work shirt before Mason is in his car seat otherwise he is guaranteed to puke on it!) and ready for work, get my bag ready for work (pumping supplies, lunch, etc) wake Mason up, feed him, pump, get him dressed, finish dressing myself, and head to his daycare. Drop him off at daycare, head to work. I work, pick him up on the way home and lately we’ve been giving him some foods to try right when he gets home. Pump again. Then spend the evening trying to keep him entertained, eat some supper while watching TV, he goes to bed at 8:30 and I internet or spend time with P until I pump and head to bed around 10:30. Weekends are really unscheduled and usually are: Wake up when Mason wakes up, spend the morning trying to keep him quiet while P sleeps (he works nights), and it’s non-stop Mason time till he goes to bed at 8:30. We try to do stuff as a family on P’s weekends off otherwise I try to catch lunch or something with a friend. Every blue moon I work at the bookstore for four hours during the weekend as well. But otherwise, it’s 100% Mason and Mommy time on the weekends. It’s a bummer that the older and more interactive he’s getting, the closer we’re getting to being stuck in the house due to a million feet of snow and sub-zero temperatures.
2) If you could have any career, what would it be (other than staying home with kiddos)? If I won the lottery and SuperDad could be a stay at home dad, I would love to work in an animal shelter with a friendly family-like staff who is dedicated to the animal adoption mission.
3) What is your favorite type of music? I have really random tastes in music. I grew up listening to Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson. Because of that, I love some of the old country (aka Johnny Cash), 90s and current country, rock, and some harder rock like Korn and Marilyn Manson. But really, I will listen to just about anything with words (hate classical music!) other than rap. My mixed CDs are usually amusingly mixed like Johnny Cash, then Korn, then Nickelback, then Bryan Adams, then Martina McBride, etc etc.
4) What is your most embarrassing moment? This is a total cop out, but I can’t really think of one. Other than silly mis-speaks, I don’t really embarrass easily. I’m the type of person who if they dropped their lunch tray during lunch in high school, I’d be laughing and cheering before anyone else. I like to poke fun at myself and love sharing stories of dumb things I’ve done that other people would keep to themselves. Like the time I stopped my car at 1 am and waited several minutes for a raccoon family to cross the family. Only after 5 minutes I realized the poor raccoon family was already dead. And I’d been waiting for roadkill. Oops. There is a framed picture hanging up of me (as a 3rd grader) in my childhood church where I’m dressed for our Christmas program and I have one hand picking my nose and the other scratching at my crotch. THAT is embarrassing!
5). What do you do for fun? Surfing the internet and reading are my two usual fun activities for me. Fun that I get really excited about involves things like rollercoasters, zoos, fairs, and water slides, but that’s not something I do very often. I volunteer at an animal shelter in my (sadly very limited) free time and I think that is a lot of fun.
6) If you were an animal, which would you be, and why? I w0uld totally love to be a greyhound. Lay on the couch all day, go to occasional fun events and see all sorts of other greyhounds, play in the yard when the weather is good, have lots of treats and toys. Yep, most greyhounds have it good. Or if this is what animal I’m most like, I’d have to say a cat – just like a cat, I sometimes am wary of new people and other times, curl up in the laps (figuratively) of those when they are least expecting it. I’m also likely to fall when jumping in a window (figuratively) and pretend nothing happened. I’m not nearly as graceful and coordinated as a cat though. I’m also a picky eater with definite food preferences, just like one of my cats.
And now, these people are IT!
Cole at Cole’s First Blog
B at Boogers and Poo
Laura at The Humbling of Motherhood
Meg at My Girls… Riley and Raigan
Amy at We’re In for It
Cici at Giggle Giggle Hiccup
And then, my five questions
1) What one thing (other than the internet) are you likely to lose hours of your day doing in if time allowed?
2) What’s the best thing that’s happened to you in the last month?
3) What’s the worst thing that’s happened to you in the last month?
4) If I were to hand you $3000, what would you do with it?
5) What’s your most favorite and least favorite food?
So, ladies and adorable boy, pick 5 questions (you can break the rules like me and decide if you want to use my answered questions or new questions!) and tag five more friends! I look foward to learning more about you all!